At 16.5 months, Gia is becoming more fun by the day. She's very chatty (her spoken communication isn't quite as clear to us as her signing, but she has a lot to say either way), she gives great hugs with her strong, short arms squeezing tightly around the neck of her object of affection, and sweet little kisses on the lips. She's walking more (though mostly with the help of a finger to hold onto), has about 35 signs and 15 spoken words (a few of which overlap), and is very enthusiastic about expressing what she wants. Mostly, that's to be up in someone's arms, eat strawberries, crackers or avocado, or to be outside feeding the squirrels and birds. She's thriving being surrounded by family and nature in the Bay Area.
Gia is still a mommy's girl (which, I have to admit, I really enjoy!), loves being with daddy and Nana, and yet is expanding her horizons to give and receive lots of love from her aunties, uncles, cousins and fans. She enjoys climbing, eating, throwing food, drinking water and milk, and is fascinated by riding the escalator. She loves flopping and playing on the bed, and wants to get her little hands in anything she can ... to figure out how it works. She loves pens and paper (now where did she get that?), and likes to draw on things like ... pillows, books and comforters. Oops. Don't worry -- we won't let her do that at your house.
We love watching her learn, grow and enjoy being this beautiful little human being, and hope that you are, too, whether that's in person or in cyberspace or both.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Reading this blog reminds me of an occasion many many years ago when you had not yet fully developed speech. You said something to me which I could not understand. On a whim, I turned to Wendy and asked her "What did she say?". Wendy then translated for me. I thought that was amazing. To this day, I'm not sure that she really understood what you had said or that you two also had the ability to communicate on a no verbal level - perhaps both.
Gia is starting exhibit some "organizational" skill. I wonder where that comes from?
Post a Comment