It may not be clear from the picture but it is not one of those really "cute" bunny animals. Well, Gia is terrified of it. She saw it today and pointed at it. So, I brought it to her. She immediately started frowning and shaking her head side-to-side until I took it away (not to be confused with when she gets really excited and vigorously shakes her head from side-to-side). To my surprise, after I put it away she started pointing at it again. So I brought it back to her and sure enough she frowned, backed away and shook her head. I thought that was curious but put it away and we went on playing in another room.
Several hours later, Gia did the same thing with Amy. It seemed that she was really intent on overcoming her fear of the bunny. So we brought it out and put it down several feet in front of her. She held on to us but kept looking at the bunny. Eventually, she pointed at it again so we brought it a little closer. Then I went over and pet its ears, and hugged it (trying to show her the bunny was friendly). This continued for quite awhile until she could have the bunny right next to her. Granted she still didn’t want to touch it but she would pick it up by the hat and move it.
We are so proud of how courageous she is. I would like to say that we modeled overcoming our fears to her but there really haven’t been many occasions in her short life. I guess that is just who she is. Pretty amazing…
No comments:
Post a Comment