Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Gia falls for Nana

[Post by Amy]

Gia LOVES her Nana (my mom). Like a little spritely shadow, Gia is always following her around. I'm getting used to being #2. This morning after Gia had some milk in bed with me, we were singing and playing. Suddenly, she heard Nana's hair dryer. Gia's eyes got big, she sat up straighter and went into alert ... YES! That is Nana. She quickly got on all fours (and I suddenly realized I had to get up). She crawled as fast as she could to the bottom of the bed, beating me there, and was so excited that she forgot to slow down, turn around and get down. Nope, instead, she crawled off, head first, flipped and fell. She was startled and cried a little, but I picked her up, loved her up, and brought her into the room next door. Gia forgot her upset as soon as she saw Nana in the next room. With a big smile, she looked at the snaps on Nana's pajamas.

I didn't get her back for an hour.

No comments: